The Director of Nursing is responsible for all aspects of the patient services programs consistent with Ambercare policies and procedures. The DON oversees the overall administration of patient care.
• Be eighteen (18) years of age or older
• Minimum associate degree in nursing from an accredited school
• Possession of a current license to practice in the State of New Mexico as a registered nurse.
• Demonstrated skill in nursing practices and clinical judgments
• Ability to cope with family emotional stress and tolerance of individual lifestyles
• Understanding of the hospice and home health care philosophy and the ability to assess and manage symptoms
• Must have a valid NM Driver’s license
• Must have reliable transportation available during work hours. Vehicle must be properly registered and insured in accordance with state law.
• Must possess current CPR and First Aid Certification
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee delivery of patient services and compliance with agency policies
• Develop policies, procedures and guidelines to fulfill program objectives
• Oversee scheduling, supervision, and on-going educational programs for all professional and paraprofessional staff providing direct patient services.
• Implement and monitor a quality assurance program or supervise designated QA staff
• Oversee the maintenance of medical records, assuring accuracy, completeness and compliance with licensing regulations, certification standards, legal and ethical standards.
• Participate in recruitment, hiring, and career development of interdisciplinary team personnel.
• Plan and implement staff education program for all team members
• Share in providing or arranging the provision of care to patients and families as necessary, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
• Assume responsibility for agency administration in the absence of the Administrator.
• Adhere to dress code
• Adhere to work schedule and maintain good punctuality and attendance record
• Perform specific assignments as directed by the Administrator.
Work for the only employee-owned Healthcare agency in the State of New Mexico. Ambercare offers a competitive salary, where your professional and personal growth is our priority.
Ambercare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.