Hospice Aide | Las Vegas
The hospice aide is a paraprofessional member of the interdisciplinary team who works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various services for a patient as necessary to meet the patient’s personal needs and to promote comfort. The hospice aide is responsible for observing the patient, reporting the observations and documenting observations and care performed.
- Be eighteen (18) years of age or older
- Successful completion of a nurse aide training program and competency evaluation.
- Successful completion of Ambercare home health aide competency exam and skills demonstration
- Must be able to perform physical demands of patient care including lifting and transferring of patients
- Understands hospice philosophy, comfortable providing specialized care to the terminally ill.
- Is self-directing with the ability to work with little supervision. Secure with issues of death/dying. Provides a calm manner when in a patients home
- Must have a valid NM Driver’s license
- Must have reliable transportation available during work hours. Vehicle must be properly registered and insured in accordance with state law.
- Must possess current CPR Certification
Job Status: Full Time