Hospice On Call Registered Nurse - PRN | Las Vegas
The On Call Nurse, as a Registered Nurse, is a member of the interdisciplinary team and is responsible for the provision of skilled nursing assessment, planning and provision of patient care in order to maximize the palliation of symptoms when patient care needs arise after hours. In addition, the on-call nurse is responsible for identifying immediate patient or family needs and providing supportive care and appropriate services in accordance with the attending physician’s orders, the interdisciplinary team plan of care, and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Be eighteen (18) years of age or older
- Degree in nursing from an accredited school of nursing
- Possession of a current license to practice in the State of New Mexico as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum of two years of varied work experience as a professional nurse
- Demonstrated skill in nursing practices and clinical judgments
- Ability to cope with family emotional stress and tolerance of individual lifestyles
- Understanding of the hospice philosophy and the ability to assess and manage symptoms
- Must have a valid NM Driver’s license
- Must have reliable transportation available during work hours. Vehicle must be properly registered and insured in accordance with state law.
- Must possess current CPR Certification
Job Status: Full Time